For many people adhering to their fat loss plans & keeping mindful of their goals during the week isn't the issue, it's the weekends that are the problem!
While some of us get thrown with the out of routine circumstance & others are caught in the week & decide that weekends are too hard to control.
Lets be honest, we all enjoy indulging a little here & there & enjoy things like a meal out with friends/family as well as a relaxing drink or two. There is no need to isolate yourself, become anxious about the weekends or turn an out of routine circumstance into an eating or drinking spree.
With a few tips it is possible to comfortably incorporate the weekend and the food it entails within your goals without hindering progress.
HERE'S OUR TIPS:
1. LOSE THE CHEAT MEALS: Did you know you don't have to have a write off day or meal to be able to enjoy the foods you love? Break the mentality that results can only be attained through clean eating & allowance of only one cheat meal a week. The body doesn't recognise food as good or bad - it does however recognise it for its macronutrient value (carbs, fats, proteins). 👎🏼
2. PRE PLAN: While you're on your body transformation don't wing nights out, factor them into your goal intake requirements & pre-plan according to the plans of the day/night to avoid deviance. 📱
3. WORK YOUR LIFESTYLE INTO YOUR NUTRITION: On the note of pre-planning, don't change your lifestyle to suit your diet. Simply fit your lifestyle within your nutrition choices. 👨🏼🎓👨🏻🚒👩🏼🍳
Tips to successfully eat out:
- Always track your days using MFP
- Save a caloric allowance
- Keep the macro you will mostly lack during the night high during the day (e.g.) protein
- Intermittently fast - eat meal one later
- Order appetisers as your main meal
- Pick the right alcohol
4. BUDDY UP: There is nothing more effective for a body transformation then buddying up with a partner in crime to keep each other motivated. 👯
5. DRINK CONSCIOUSLY: Avoid mindlessly drinking and stick to pre-planned allowance you've allocated for yourself. 💦
6. MAKE TIME FOR EXERCISE: Fat loss is dependant on burning more calories than you are consuming so by getting active you are increasing your daily energy expenditure benefiting your fat loss. In the scheme of things, exercise plays a much smaller role in a body transformation than nutrition - but it is great for your mindset & focus. 🏋🏼♀️🤽🏼♀️🚴🏼♀️
7. ENSURE YOUR CHOICES ALIGN WITH YOUR GOALS: In week 1, 2, 3 & 4 its not the time to be having a burger & chip dinner with beers on the side. It's more effective to limit the incorporation of 'overdone' nights & instead have a diligent & committed period of consistency & all things in moderation with little fluctuations in your intake. 🍔🍟
8. IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY: Just think of the weekend as just another day. After all, it is! Don't treat it as anything special or requiring some sort of reward for what is actually a minimal term of adherence in being 'good' for just the week days. 💯
9. WHEN THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY: Don't look for excuses on the weekend, if you're committed to your goals you will make all circumstance and situations work & if you have a balanced, flexible & science based approach it can be done without missing out. 💪🏼
10. DONE THROW IN THE TOWEL: The key is just plan ahead, use moderation, eat mindfully & consciously, enjoy yourself, & don't fall victim to scrapping days & writing them off as a blow out. 😝
DON'T PROHIBIT YOURSELF FROM EATING OUT OR AVOIDING 'FUN' ON THE WEEKEND,BE WISE, BE PREPARED & BE FLEXIBLE! 💕💕💕